Ageing Signs is natural. As you start to age, your skin will undergo several changes. It is mostly visible on exposed parts of the body like our hands. Though most of us take care of our skin as we start ageing, we often avoid nurturing our hands. Below, we have shared few tips at the signs of ageing hands and tips to maintain a youthful look.
Watch Out For These Signs Of Ageing Signs On Hands:
If you notice these signs on your hands, then you can try the treatment solutions we have suggested below:
Age spots are also known as liver or sun spots. It may appear as flat and round blotches around your skin that are black or brown in color. The hands are common places for these age spots to appear. While these spots can start appearing with age, it can also be aggravated further by ultraviolet ray exposure.
Age spots on your hands can be avoided by reducing exposure to UV rays. Keep your hands protected by using sunscreen every day. When going for sunscreen, here are few tips to remember:
- Make use of an SPF 30.
- Go for a broad-spectrum sunscreen which includes both UVA and UVB protection.
- Apply a SPF sunscreen daily before going out.
- If you have ageing spots on hands, you may treat them with microdermabrasion and chemical peel treatments.
- This treatment may work effectively by removing skin’s top layer and reveal smooth, youthful skin.
Dry, Scaly Skin:
Dry skin worsens with age, but it is preventable. Lifestyle choices like poor sleep timings and dehydration can cause skin to dry. Another major cause for dry hands is not taking enough care during cold, dry months. This can be prevented by trying any of these treatments:
- When washing your hands, go for a mild, unscented soap. This routine is also great for those with sensitive skin.
- Always wear gloves before stepping out especially during cold, dry months.
- Use hand cream twice daily or as required.
- Avoid rinsing your hands with water for a long period of time. If you cannot avoid water related routines like doing the dishes, then use synthetic gloves for protection. Or simply cut down on other activities like swimming.
- The treatment for dry, scaly skin may depend on the severity of your condition. You may use a good moisturizer to seal in the moisture on your hands.
- Make use of a thicker moisturizer at night. If you have extremely dry hands, then use products that contain lactic acid for removing dead skin cells.
Wrinkles happen due to collagen loss. These protein-based fibers start diminishing as we start to age. But it is also possible to lose collagen early on if you don’t take care of the skin.
- Make use of a retinol hand cream daily. This Vitamin A formula can keep your skin smooth and feeling younger.
Your nails can also show symptoms of premature ageing skin. They are made up of keratin, a protein fiber which grows outwardly from your fingers. While underlying conditions like nail fungus may aggravate this condition, it may also be related to skin infections, stress, or medical conditions.
Read More: Future of Android Application Development
- The fungus on the nails can be treated with over-the-counter products. This treatment can take few weeks.
As you start to age, your skin may naturally appear thinner, making veins underneath visible. Veins on your hands can give the appearance of ageing hands.
- You may treat this problem by applying moisturizers daily.
- Or camouflage using makeup to reduce the visibility of the veins.
- You may also consult a dermatologist about invasive treatments for the same.
Dry, Brittle Nails:
Dry, brittle nails can be caused due to moisture level changes. Nail dryness may also worsen up with age, low humidity, and frequent use of water.
You may prevent dry, brittle nails trying any of these treatments:
- Always put on cleaning gloves when using cleaning products at home.
- Wear gloves with moisturizer before bedtime.
- Keep your nails filed and well-groomed.
Tips To Maintain Youthful Hands:
Here are the best steps you can try daily for maintaining youthful hands:
- Rinse your hands using a mild, soap with no scent. Follow up with a good moisturizer instantly.
- Make use of a sunscreen-based moisturizer whenever out. Select a product that comes with SPF 30.
- Check for brittle nails or snags. File them in the same direction to avoid breakage.
- Wear gloves if you are heading outdoors during the colder months.
- Use gloves while doing the dishes or cleaning the house to protect hands for chemical exposure.
- Apply a thick hand cream at night and try wearing a pair of cotton gloves before sleeping.
- Make use of an exfoliator daily. You may consider micro-dermabrasion once a week.
- Select a non-acetone nail polish remover for treating brittle nails.
Lifestyle Changes For Preventing Ageing Skin:
It’s also essential to maintain a healthy lifestyle for preventing ageing skin. You may consider few tips for this:
- Quit smoking.
- Drink plenty of water daily.
- Sleep at least seven hours every day.
- Exercise daily.
- Maintain a healthy diet of veggies and fruits.
Moisturizing your hands is essential for maintaining a youthful looking skin. But, if you notice red rashes, dark spots, or thick scales, you may need to consult a dermatologist. They may recommend a medicated treatment for the same.