Corona Over the past few months, Corona Virus has spread rapidly across the country. India’s COVID-19 cases have spiked to a magnanimous number and the numbers are increasing. The government has been actively working towards stemming the outbreak. A severe lockdown has been put in place in all the states. A large segment of the unorganized sector i.e., the daily wage workers, the construction labourers, farmers and so on do not have the necessary resources to survive. They rely on their daily wages to put food on the table.
There is a huge lack of awareness of the pandemic among these individuals from marginalized communities. These communities are already vulnerable as they don’t have proper homes, adequate income or sufficient resources. These individuals from under-served communities are on the brink of starvation. They suffer from various problems such as Lack of Access to Food. Many of them have mostly exhausted their monthly ration supplies and most of them do not have access to avail rations due to lack of awareness. Most of the students rely on midday meals which have also stopped since many schools have shut down.
The street vendors struggle to sell whatever they have. Women employed in household activities were instructed not to come. They are shut in their own homes with little or no food at all. While the government has been making efforts to provide ration and food supplies to the marginalized communities, India’s current economic situation, population, and distribution of resources make it a struggle.
Our NGO partners are working day and night to provide grocery kits to these families. A few supplies such as rice, dal, and oil can help these families survive. These families need your support and help to survive. The Corona Virus should not push them into starvation.
We’ve helped feed more than 25,000+ families. We can do more, with your help. Donate a grocery kit to the poor now.
volunteered to help these families from marginalized communities.
- Sphoorti Foundation –Sphoorti Foundation has been working from the past 15 years for the rehabilitation of underprivileged children – orphaned, abandoned, destitute and other vulnerable sections of society.
- Praveenlata Sansthan – Praveenlata Sansthan is an award-winning NGO based in Jaipur, Rajasthan working at the grassroots level. They work with girls and women coming from various slums who work as daily wage labourers as maids, making rugs from home, working in nearby factories cutting threads or cooking food in weddings, daughters of rickshaw pullers and street vendors.
- Rajasthan Samgrah Kalyan Sansthan (RSKS) –RSKS is a pioneer in the promotion of livelihood, microfinance & enterprise, women & child education & development, women empowerment, gender equality, children welfare, human rights and environmental and water issues for the marginalized &
deprives sections of the rural community.
- Pure India Trust –PURE India Trust is a not-for-profit charitable organization started by corporate professionals in March 2013, with a mission to provide quality Education & Employment opportunities to under-served communities of rural & urban slums.
- Jan Urja Manch – A non-profit trust, formed by a group of doctors, fitness experts and professionals who have resolved to support those who are not able to go to work to earn a daily wage to feed their families.
- Nand Care Foundation – Nand care foundation is intensively working for the upliftment of underprivileged kids in Dhanbad and nearby areas. Our initiative is to provide Pre-Primary education to these ignored kids who have the immense potential not only to thrive in their future but also to contribute to the development of our nation. 100 underprivileged kids are getting benefit through Play School and 50 government school kids from the nearby area.
Where is it located?
Barmaisa, Near Hari mandir Duhatand, Dhanbad, Jharkhand – 826001; India
- Mukul Kumar – Mukul Kumar is an individual initiative, who is a very well known social worker in Bihar. He wanted to help the people who are from underprivileged communities in this crisis period through Donatekart.
- The Earth Saviours Foundation – The Earth Saviors Foundation is an internationally recognised ngo, situated in gurugram, Haryana. It was founded in 2008 by Ravi Kalra. The Gurukul is dedicated to serve the underprivileged, abandoned, disabled and the mentally challenged adults along with environment friendly initiatives.
Where is it located?
Gurukul’s address: Bandhwari Village, Gurgaon – Faridabad Road, Near Teri Golf Course, District – Gurgaon. Haryana – 122201. India.
- Farooq Shaik – Farooq is an individual initiative based in Neral, Maharashtra. In this crisis period he wanted to help the people staying in their locality who are underprivileged, daily wage workers.
- Doon Animal Welfare – They engaged in working for neglected humans and animals by providing them free treatment facility, free medicine. Society is also working for betterment of environment by planting trees, awareness among the society. Society is helping poor people on the major surgeries by providing food, medicine, clothes, caretaker and all the other possible ways.
Doon’s mission is –
- To rescue all neglected humans and animals;
- To change people’s thought about animals and show them how lovable they are;
lll. To make their life full of happiness.
Where is it located?
East hope town, ratanpur shimla by pass road, road, Towards, Nayagaon Malhan, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001
- MAHAN Trust – MAHAN (Meditation, Addiction, Health, AIDS, Nutrition) is a non-profit and non-governmental organisation providing preventive & Curative medical facilities to tribal of Melghat. Since 1997, malnutrition and death due to malnutrition is reduced by more than 63% of adopted villages amd more than 5 lakh people got benefitted through various projects bringing significant impact in life of tribal. MAHAN attempts to save lives everyday and strive to create a positive impact on more than 5 lakh tribal people, in the Melgaht area of Maharashtra state in India.